>Think of a book you have read or had read to you. It can be any book you want. Pretend you are one of the characters. You can act out the whole story or make up your own all-new adventure.
Here are some characters to get you started if you are having trouble thinking of one:
- Franklin (is that turtle learning something new today?)
- Winnie the Pooh (is he out of honey again?)
- Harry Potter or Hermione (do they have to use their magic to save the day?)
- Elizabeth–the paper bag princess (does she have to rescue Ron from the dragon–again?)
- Dora or Diego (they are going to need help from Map and Boots to keep things safe from Swiper!)
This activity promotes creativity and imagination. It can also promote literacy.